Wednesday, February 12, 2014

MHS class of 66 has lost a classmate

Chip (LB) Sutton passed away today (2/12/14) in Maryville.
Jan called to tell me he had been in a nursing home since
his Mother died. 

Jan and I reminisced about our days in the 4th grade (Mrs. Jackson)
at Sam Houston and how all of us including Chip were rather much
terrorized by the woman.  Jan reminded me of the time she called
Chip LB and he corrected her by politely saying he would rather be
called Chip.  Mrs. Jackson returned the request by spanking him. 

He was retired from the military, a retired elementary teacher, taught water aerobics
in Maryville at Olympia Health Club and also created
 dried flower arrangements that were sold in Townsend.

While at  MHS he was a member of the band and several other
organizations.  Chip took care of his mother for years and they were
living together when both of them went to the nursing homes.  She died almost
a year ago.

If you go on line the Maryville Daily Times should have
the funeral arrangements
tomorrow.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your sweet post regarding my brother Chip. He died exactly one month after our mother. Almost to the hour. He loved his class mates and MHS. I am going today to finalize the plans today . We will be at Millers and that is all I know at this point will try update . I know it would make him smile to know how loved he was. Marilyn Julies sister to Chip Sutton

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Chips death. He was good friend to me. I still have the flower arrangments he gave me back in the 90's. He was a big help to me when I first became a teacher. He also taught me how to play racquet ball. I loved sitting with him and talking. He was a loving man.

Mark Humphries

Unknown said...

My brother Chip Sutton funeral arrangements are as follows no graveside only memorial service at Millers in Maryville receive friends 530-7pm Service 7pm Monday February 17,2014

walker said...

Dearest Walter and fellow class mates,



Thank you Walter for letting me know that our dear Chip is no longer with us on this physical plane, but certainly still very much in our hearts. I have so many fond memories of him, not only during my time at MHS, but also in later years when I was fortunate to visit dear Ole Maryville. I kept in touch with him during our regular Xmas exchanges, and always tried and succeeded to meet up with Chip during the occasional visits I made over the years, most recently in 2011, our Reunion. Regrettably he could not make it to the party at Debbie's barn, but I was fortunate to be driven around by him the next day in the Cades Cove loop, the best tour guide I have met around that wonderful treasure of nature. Afterward we enjoyed a typical (?) copious Chip breakfast at his favorite place in Townsend. There are so many more very dear memories which I have been fortunate to have enjoyed with him. Would you be so kind to tell his dear sister Marylin, that his Dutch buddy is proud to have been one of Chip's friends, and hopes to meet up with him again when my own time comes to pass over.



My thoughts are with you all coming Monday,



God bless Chip,



Renger